Our Roommate Referral/ Shared Housing Program is ideal for students, interns and professionals visiting our service areas. Just Like Home offers you an unparalleled shared housing service, which includes extensive knowledge of neighborhoods in our service areas. Our unprecedented screening process includes personal home visits and interviews of the individuals and their references, allows us to personally know the individuals offering shared housing opportunities. Most of these individuals have participated in our program for many years.
We understand that in most cases, your housing will be decided before your arrival; therefore, our service is designed to make your search stress-free so that you can focus on the purpose of your visit. During the placement process, we provide you with several options from which to choose, profiles of the individuals with whom you may live and photos of the accommodation options.
Our Roommate/Shared Housing includes apartments or condominiums, townhouses and single-family homes. The housing you choose will include:
- Furnished, private bedroom
- Access to WiFi and cable TV with all utilities included
- Laundry facility in the home
- Towels, linens and bedding
- Safe and clean home environment
- Easy access to convenient and reliable public transportation
- Optional airport transfer – click here to reserve
|Los Angeles, California
|San Diego, California
|San Francisco, California
Shared Housing Placement/Application Fee
Just Like Home charges a one-time, non-refundable placement/application fee of $100.00 USD. (Note: this fee is charged after your accommodation has been finalized; however, if you are in our service areas and request to visit the properties, the placement fee will be required at the time the appointments are scheduled). Your placement/application fee covers your:
- Application processing
- Services that we perform for your placement as well as those services performed throughout your stay, including periodic follow-ups, moving to another accommodation within the first two weeks if necessary. Our responsive and friendly staff will provide you with unlimited support throughout your stay.
There is a cancellation fee of 50% of first month’s rent plus the placement fee for all confirmed housing at least 2 weeks prior to arriving. Housing is considered confirmed once the confirmation email has been sent.
We accept credit card (MasterCard, Visa or American Express), bank draft or wire transfer for the payment of your placement/application fee.