Homestay is an enriching housing alternative, which promises a unique and intimate way to experience the American culture. Homestay participants develop their abilities in all areas of language, including speaking, listening and comprehension. What makes homestay special is the daily experience of living with host families who want to share their way of life. Your host family will introduce you to their unique brand of the American culture and involve you in family life as well as invite you to participate in social events and holiday activities.
Our host families consist of carefully screened single individuals and families who have different religious practices, cultures, professions and ethnic backgrounds. They are in locations convenient to all the area language schools, universities and companies.
Packages and Rates
Our goal is to make your visit to the USA an exceptional and memorable home-away-from-home experience. All homestay are located in safe neighborhoods and include comfortable amenities, including:
- Fully furnished private bedroom with private or shared bath
- Internet and cable television access and other utilities included
- Caring and friendly host family in a clean home environment
- Fully furnished bedroom including desk
- Laundry facility in the home
- Neighborhood tour and orientation
- Convenient and reliable public transportation
- Responsive and attentive service
- Three meal plan options: (Bed & Breakfast, Standard, and Deluxe)
- Optional airport transfer – click here to reserve
Rates vary by location. To continue, select your city:
Special group pricing is available upon request.
Our Bed and Breakfast meal plan option is typically designed for university students who participate in the university’s meal plan. On a limited basis, kitchen privileges may be available in some homes.
Homestay fees are based on a four-week/28-day cycle and should be paid directly to Just Like Home two days before your arrival. Acceptable forms of payment are credit card, traveler checks, bank drafts and money order.
There is a cancellation fee of 50% of the homestay rate chosen plus placement fee for all confirmed homestays that are not cancelled at least 2 weeks prior to arriving. A homestay is considered confirmed once the confirmation email has been sent.
Homestay Placement/Application Fee
Just Like Home charges a one-time, non-refundable placement/application fee of $195.00 USD, which is paid at the time of placement. This fee covers your:
- Application processing
- Services that we perform for your placement as well as those services performed throughout your stay, including careful screening of families, appropriate placement that matches your requirements and conditions, moving to another accommodation if necessary and 24-hour, seven days per week support.
(Note: If you are outside of our service areas, this fee is charged at the time of placement; however, if you are in our service areas and request to visit the homes, the placement fee will be required at the time the appointments are scheduled since it will require someone showing you the homes).
We accept credit card (MasterCard, Visa or American Express), bank draft or wire transfer for the payment of your placement/application fee.